Run 5 - Falkirk Parkrun

/
0 Comments
Frosty morning this Saturday. As I prepared to go to Falkirk Parkrun as I was coming off shift I checked the Facebook page repeatedly until it was confirmed that it was indeed still on. Arriving early, I had a little look around the park. I was told by the husband that it was a lovely Parkrun and he did not lie. The run starts at the beautiful Callander House which is a beautiful old mansion, then, after a little bit on gravel, goes up through trails, back down past a golf course before going back into the trails and back the way you came. A really lovely setting for a Parkrun. However, what the husband did not tell me was the horrible hill that comes in the middle, heartbreak hill they called it at the run breifing. Oh my, I felt like my whole body might break going up it, even walking up my legs burned and my chest heaved! However, this does mean that there is a relaxing downhill before the last stretch which helped my poor, tired legs.



My time at this week's Parkrun wasn't as good as last week however, I was running with someone who hasn't run in a log time and it was icy underfoot. Hopefully we can go back soon and improve on our time. All in all, it was a great first time at Falkirk Parkrun, well organised and friendly event, as all Parkrun's are!


You may also like

No comments:

Popular Posts

Follow