Back on the wagon - Week one - 4th Jan

/
0 Comments
It's been a bit too long since I last posted on here. To be honest, it is because I fell off the wagon. Christmas and New Year is a busy time at my work, then of course my days off were busy with visiting family and other Christmassy activities. On top of this, for all of December I felt rotten, not 'off my work' ill but just a constant feeling of being tired and horrible. So this week I am calling week 1, back on the wagon week! I am going to try from now on to post at least once a week, maybe more if I have anything interesting to say. New year, new start and all that.

Monday - I came off shift this morning and was knackered. Had planned to go to the gym but spent the day on the sofa instead playing the Xbox, great start...

Tuesday, run #1 - A bit of a better start. Although I woke up with a stinking sore head and throat (still can't really shake this head cold), I text my friend to see if she wanted to run, she said yes which meant I had to. It is freezing in Glasgow at the moment which made going out all the harder but I had snazzy new leggings I got for Christmas to try out. We only ran for a couple of miles as I wasn't feeling great and it was hard being out again.

Wednesday - Today I was working, happy in the knowledge that I ran for a little bit yesterday. I had a look at the rota to see if I can fit in a half marathon before the big day but it is not done that far yet so will have to keep the boss sweet!

Thursday - Oh me, another day on the Xbox, am I turning into a teenage boy!?

Friday - The plan was to run today and then do my long run on Sunday however, my new parkrun wristband arrived in the post so I postponed my run until Saturday, easing myself back in you see.

Saturday, day 6 - Parkrun day! I have not taken part in Parkrun for over a year now, it might even be 2 years, gasp! On the walk to the park, the husband very kindly offered to run with me, instead of trying to be first home (a regular occurrence for him!). I quite enjoyed having Jack with me, however we spoke all the way round which meant I was probably going a little slower than I wanted. Lovely chat and cup of tea after with some of Jack's friends.
Couples who run together, say together!

Sunday - The first 'long run', or #LSR as I found out it was called on twitter. Today's run was in the POURING rain, it was so soggy. My beginners training plan advises a 45 minute run for the first week however, despite the rain, I was feeling good and managed an hour. I am going for time on feet, not distance at the moment but was happy with the 5 miles I completed.

And there we are, back on the wagon. Hopefully I can hold on for the next 16 weeks!


You may also like

No comments:

Popular Posts

Follow