Run #4 - you never regret a run

/
0 Comments
Oh man, I really didn't want to go out a run on this particular day. My motivation went from 10 to 0 throughout the day. I started off with good intention, I put on my running stuff at the end of my shift, preparing to go to a park which is halfway between work and home on my drive back. However, when I was nearing the park I realised I was starving. Still motivated, I drove to Waitrose, got a snack, jumped back in the car and instead of driving back to the park, I went into auto-pilot mode and drove home. Once back home I thought I may as well have lunch before going out, of course that meant I couldn't go running for another couple hours after that. By which point it was getting dark and colder and far less appealing to go for a run. However, Jack came in and kicked my whining butt out the door. 

I was meant to do threshold runs today however, icy pavements put me off and I just did a 2.5 mile loop. Not as far as I should have gone probably but at least I went out and I am glad I went out. As many running people on twitter say - you never regret a run. On a side note, I am totally becoming addicted to twitter and following lots of running companies, blogs and just runners. Still not got the hang of it and I am probably the world's most boring tweeter. I always think twitter is for interesting or witty people, both of which I am not! However, I am constantly finding sources of inspiration on twitter, whether it's handy running tips, or seeing that I am not the only one struggling, it has a lovely running community.

All the colours!
So week 2 has begun. I also have been trying to be a little healthier this week and have made a meal plan using The Body Coach's Lean in 15 book. What I have tried so far has been amazing, and I am especially loving the higher carb post workout meals and the amount of food! 


You may also like

No comments:

Popular Posts

Follow