My running history

/
0 Comments
Hello.

I've never been much into sport, in primary school I played netball, which I loved but that was it. Going into high school, I didn't hate PE but I didn't love it either, I had decided by then that I wasn't good at sport and therefore PE was just for a laugh with my friends. So when I left school for university I didn't give sport or fitness another thought. I mean I dabbled in gym memberships which I paid for and then never used but that was about the extent of it.

Until I met Jack. Jack is into ALL sport, he wants to try them all but his focus is running. Jack loves running, I mean LOVES it. Those first few months we were together he would talk about running and also his love for Crossfit and I just didn't get it, how could someone enjoy exercise that much!? Slowly, over the years, his enthusiasm has rubbed off on me. This started with me doing the 5k Race for Life, then, after not touching my trainers for about 2 years, I joined a gym with a friend and started going to classes. This was in 2013 and, at that time, I also signed up for a half marathon. I bumbled around with training, I loved the gym but hated running and, although I completed the half (and loved the actual race), I hadn't done the training and so didn't get what I thought was a decent time. I then went on to sign myself up for MOKrun 10k the following year and didn't run again for abut a year and a half.

MOKrun 2014 

Bringing us to this year. After watching Jack run the London Marathon in 2:37 (a minute behind Paula Radcliffe!) I felt so immensely proud and inspired. Jack had worked really hard to knock a huge amount of time off his PB and the atmosphere of the marathon got to me. Not long after I signed up for the charity bond place with Barnardo's and joined the gym. However, with planning a wedding, starting and then not completing a course at uni, and then going back to full time work, it is only now that I am finally starting on my fitness journey again.

Shiny new marathon training shoes

Vicki x

www.justgiving.com/Vicki-Rennie3


You may also like

No comments:

Popular Posts

Follow